Thursday, May 14, 2009

why

The Sears Fall/Winter catalogue has arrived. That's right. Fall/Winter. And we wonder why it's snowing in the middle of May. Even the weather gremlins are befuddled by corporate marketing practices in North America. You might think my reasoning is bizarre, but I have scientific proof: the Fall/Winter Catalogue comes out every year in May, and every year in May it snows.

I guess there is a slight problem with my cause and effect theory. Why don't we get sun-tanning weather in January when the Spring/Summer catalogue comes out?

I tend to be a why person. I want to know why it snows in May. Or why motorists try to pass on a double yellow line and end up on their roof in the ditch (or worse). Or why the bad decisions of a bunch of over-spending homeowners in California and Kalamazoo affect the global economy . . . so much that a third of my fire department lost their jobs out here in the sticks. Now that's a million dollar question. Or $700 billion. Or whatever.

Perhaps the moral of the story is, don't mess with the gremlins. Weather, highway or economic. Bad things might happen. In other words, I really don't know why.

Click here for a link to a cartoon that explains the weather and economics about as well as I have. If you put your cursor over the clip, it goes away, so just look and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog