Sunday, May 17, 2009

the search

I'm on the hunt for other blogs to link up with. Particularly, firefighting blogs. Even more particularly, funny firefighting blogs. Even more particularly, funny firefighting blogs that aren't crude. But so far, no luck. I guess I'm just too particular.

There are gazillions of blogs out there, and probably millions of funny ones, but I just can't seem to find one that turns my crank. Either I have a weird sense of humor, or the rest of the blogger community is just plain boring . . . or I just haven't stumbled onto a good one yet. For now I have to hold the firefighting humor fort alone. I can feel the heavy responsibility on my shoulders, kind of like Hercules must have felt when Atlas dumped the sky on him. If you like Greek mythology and want to read an abbreviated version of that story click here. (Scroll to the end of the article, unless you really like Greek mythology). Sorry, nothing to do with firefighting.

I have to back track. There is one blog that I enjoy reading, but it has nothing to do with firefighting either. It's mostly about hockey and lacrosse, but the writer drifts around a multitude of other topics, and can be quite funny. If you want to have a look click here.

Firefighters have good reason to favour a strange sense of humor. They have a strange calling. Normal people don't catapult themselves into God-knows-what-kind-of-situation at any time of day or night. Like the time two transports crashed head-on. It was a recovery extrication and . . . well never mind. Or like the other night when we had to comb through a burned-out basement looking for . . . never mind again. Sometimes it's better to keep an inside joke inside.

So, I'm still on the hunt. If you know of a funny firefighting blog that isn't mostly crude jokes, email me and I'll link to it so the other two readers of this blog can laugh too (just kidding about the two readers . . . I'm sure there are thousands and millions of you out there in blog-land). For now you'll have to be happy with a list of Murphy's Laws of Firefighting (click here).

By the way, many firefighters think that Murphy was an optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog