Friday, September 16, 2011

weather or not

It snowed. I guess the gremlins couldn't take a joke. September 14 is an early first snow, even by Upsala standards, but it could be worse. Arctic Bay, Nunavut is forecasted for snow for the next five days. Not that I have any intention of going to Artic Bay, but it at least I feel better knowing that someone is having crappier weather than we are.

Seeing that the artic winds have found us earlier than usual, I should probably revise my forecast, but I'm sticking to my guns and predicting a mild winter. Hey, if I'm going to spout off about things I know nothing about, I might as well spout off good news rather than bad.

I'm teaching in Thunder Bay this weekend at Fire Con, a regional conference that draws a couple hundred firefighters from across Northwestern Ontario. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, with a little rain on Sunday. Not that I care. I'm doing a Trainer Facilitator course, which is all classroom.

I could feel bad for the two Upsala firefighters are taking vehicle extrication - which is outdoors - but I don't because it could be worse. They could be training outdoors in Arctic Bay.

There's always a bright side if you just look hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog