Tuesday, April 26, 2011

woefully behind

I am woefully behind on all things literary. I haven't been reading my favourite blogs. I haven't been writing my favourite blogs. I couldn't even read the back of the cereal box this morning because I ate breakfast while wrapped in a heating pad on the couch.

The good news is that we successfully pulled off an ice rescue course in Dryden over Easter weekend. In keeping with evil instructor tradition, we made the crew work extra hard under extreme conditions, while the rest of the country hunted for easter eggs. The down side is that we worked extra hard ourselves, and today I feel like I've been run over by the Dryden ladder truck. To the Dryden crew, if you hurt half as bad as I did this morning, my weekend was a success.

(Also to the Dryden crew: before you start humming "My Heart Bleeds For You," and giving high-fives all around, let me assure you that a heating pad and ibuprofen are working their magic and I'm feeling much better.)

I hope to have a few photos to post soon, including one of me holding my Easter gift, which is a chocolate firefighter cat holding a baby cat . . . that my kids said was rescued from a tree (to commemorate my one and only cat rescue last summer).

I'm leaving for Toronto on Friday for the OAFC conference. I might be able to post again before then, and I will try to post while I'm gone. Hanging out in Toronto will be a holiday compared to rubbing shoulders with Northwestern Ontario Firefighters over the past month. I question whether it will be anywhere near as much fun though.

Don't forget to vote on May 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog