Tuesday, April 21, 2009

snow continued

The sad saga continues. The weatherman did lie. We didn't get two centimetres of snow. We got eight or ten. Now, some folks say we should count our blessings. "If you think you've got it bad, you should see those poor suckers in Antarctica. They get blizzards in July." That kind of thinking always seemed strange to me. If I have to compare my circumstances with someone, why can't I choose the folks in Hawaii or Tahiti?

I hear the Torontonians are famous for whining about snow. A good friend of mine who is from the Big T showed me the following clip. The great thing about Canadians is that we aren't afraid to laugh at ourselves. Try laughing today. It won't stop the snow from falling, but at least you won't be crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog