Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just getting started

So, the big question. Why start a blog? After all, there are millions of them already. Everyone and their dog writes a blog, and everyone (except maybe the dog) has goals. My goals are two-fold:
  1. practice writing
  2. make you laugh (or at least smile)
  3. raise awareness about the volunteer fire service
That's three things. I was just seeing if you were paying attention.

Among other things, I am a freelance columnist, and wanna-be children's author. A newbie that needs lots of practice writing. Hence the first goal. You can read one of my columns by clicking here . If you like it and want to read others, type "spontaneous" in the search window at the top right corner of the FFIC page.

If you decided to read my stuff, then I hope I've begun to meet goals two and three.

So why should I want to make you laugh? Especially since Ronald McDonald, Bozo, and Stephen Harper are already doing such a great job? You probably didn't know that laughter stimulates a hormone in your brain that enhances your ability to remember important facts. I made that up, but it sounds good.

The fact is, you'll probably remember my point longer if you enjoyed reading it. And you are more likely to come back for more.

If you ever have comments about my stuff, good bad or (heaven forbid) indifferent, by all means drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog