Monday, August 22, 2011

Jack Layton

I was saddened to hear the news that NDP leader Jack Layton passed away early this morning.

I am not a member of the NDP. In fact, the so-called Political Compass said my sympathies theoretically lay firmly in Conservative territory. Everyone knows that computers lie though, and I am definitely not a Conservative either. Especially if being a Conservative means I have to like Stephen Harper.

Politics is another topic about which I have only heart-felt, non-expert opinions. My opinion of Jack Layton is that he was passionate, honest, and a champion of the small guy. That's enough to make me appreciate him, even if I'm not a card-carrying member of his party. I hope that his successor will bring the same passion and care for the Canadian people to the House of Commons.

For now, I offer my sympathies to MP Layton's family and colleagues. He had a big personality, and has undoubtedly left a big hole by his passing.

Your fight is over Jack. Enjoy a well-deserved rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog