Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm still alive

I've made a new record in Beebewitz history. I've gone almost a month without posting. The top of the world seems a little higher and farther than when I made my optimistic prediction before Christmas, but I am working my way there.

Here's a snapshot of what has happened since my last post. Most of it is old news:
  • Canadian Press posted an article about the Meaford trial.
  • Two Canadian volunteer firefighters died, one in a vehicle crash, and the other in an explosion.
  • My latest article is up at the Firefighting in Canada website.
  • My latest article will appear in Canadian Fire & EMS instead of Firefighting in Canada (editorial reasons)
  • My new job is going well, even though I haven't quite reached the top of the world.
  • I am still the Fire Chief of Upsala. The job posting closed Friday, and the Board will hopefully choose a new person soon. I'm ready to move on, even though I haven't quite reached the top of the world.
  • I made my first ever visit to a counsellor. I liked it about as much as a visit to the dentist, but I think it went well.
  • I squeaked my next article in just under the drop-dead deadline, in spite of meetings, working late, writer's block, and a nebulous don't-feel-like-writing cloud that has hung over me for the past month. It will appear in the February issue of Firefighting in Canada (I think).
There you have it. I might be back in the saddle now. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog