Friday, July 22, 2011

The prophet has spoken

In my CVFSA post (you still didn't click that link?), I talked about fire departments being viewed as stop gaps when no other help was available. Yesterday I read this piece about a Florida crew that rescued a horse from a swimming pool. Two days ago we were paged to a tree on a hydro line in no-man's land because we were closer than to the incident than the provincial agency responsible for the area. I must be a prophet . . . or maybe a sage. 

I see it now. Upsala will become a firefighter mecca to which wisdom-seeking responders will make pilgrimage for enlightenment on herding honeybees and helping horses. We'll discuss CPR on pythons, and the finer points of cat rescue. We'll ponder the enigma of politics and the bane of bureaucracy. I'll build a cabin by the lake to accommodate these covert conclaves, and I'll lay a helmet conspicuously upside down on the porch, so the faithful can leave donations before they return to their selfless stop-gapping lives . . .

Okay, so I'm not a sage, and I merely state obvious truths that everyone already knows. It would be nice to have a cabin by the lake with a donation helmet though.

I am leaving Saturday for a nine day trip to Ava, Missouri (you can read about my last Ava experience here and here). I may be able to post while I'm gone, but don't count on it. In the meantime, you can read some of my previous posts, like the one on my experiences with pets, and another about democracy in the kitchen.

Both of those are listed in my Top 289 Most Popular Posts, by the way.

Okay, so I've only written 289 posts.

See you in August, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog