Friday, February 25, 2011

Pseudo Crusader - One Last Rant

Every crusader needs a strategy. I'm more of a pseudo crusader, so I developed a pseudo strategy, which you might have read in my October 19 post. (You may also remember that I threw in a few pseudo facts about messy people being more efficient than tidy, organized ones.) My strategic political plans A and B were doomed from the get-go. Plan C, however, is beginning to show some promise.

[Side note: Here's where I secretly confess that there never was a plan. In keeping with my disorganized approach to life, I simply embraced an opportunity that presented itself].

Part of Plan C was to put in a plug for the CAFC's "Give Firefighters Credit Campaign," which asks for a tax credit for volunteer firefighters. Unlike my pseudo crusade, this one is organized, and has generated almost 2500 emails to MP's in the past four months. The CAFC's goal is to generate another 1000 emails before the federal budget is delivered next month. So take two minutes and help them out. Just go to the Give Firefighters Credit site and follow the links.

The other part of Plan C was Rafferty's motion for volunteer firefighters. I've heard rumblings that it might detract from the CAFC campaign, but I don't believe it has to be that way. Both ask for federal support for volunteer firefighters. Both will fail if lots of people don't write their MP's. Bottom line for both: spread the word.

Ugh. This blog is turning into a political lobbying platform. Up until a few months ago, I thought a lobby was the front entrance of a hotel. Now here I am all "Get politically involved! Write your MP! Your government really cares!" I think it's time to go back to writing about the weather gremlins, and the evil computer barons, and the anti volunteer syndicates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog