Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm back!

It's midnight and I have to work tomorrow, but I just had to let you know that I survived the trip and had a great time in spite of my gloomy premonitions. The camp was a blast and I met a ton of great people. If they all accept my Facebook invitations, it will probably double my friends list.

About half way between Ava and Kansas City the boys started a philosophical discussion about the possibility of getting the atoms in our bodies to vibrate in sync with the atoms in a tree or a rock or a brick wall . . . and would we then be able to pass through them without colliding . . . and I knew it was going to be a long trip home. By the time we reached the Minnesota border, crumpled napkins and water were flying about, and I had to pull the "don't touch the driver" card. When we reached Duluth and found out that every hotel in the city was booked, I realized that I really wanted to just be home. We pushed through to Thunder Bay, arriving about 1:00 am. If I had had just a little more steam, I would have done the whole trip in one day.

I may or may not write more about the camp depending on what thoughts are buzzing around in my head the next time I write. Blogging is all about the moment, and I definitely had lots of moments this past week . . . if I can put them into words that do justice to the experience, I may give it a try. If not, you'll just have to take my word for it that it was unforgettable.

For an update on DJ Harper, the four year-old boy that was rescued from a burning vehicle by off-duty firefighters, click here.

Time to crash - into my bed, not into a tree, or a rock, or a brick wall - they never did convince me that vibrating my way through inanimate objects was possible without seriously rearranging my anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Go for it! It's lonely out here in bloggerland . . .

Search This Blog